[Official web-site of ArcaOS]
ArcaOS 5.0 - is the 5-th generation of OS/2 operating system
ArcaOS 5.0 brings you OS/2 power and performance like never before. With support for a full range of existing and new OS/2 software, running on modern multi-core and multi-processor systems, take your OS/2 experience to the next level for the 21st century. The ArcaOS Personal Edition is for individual users who will not be using it for business.
- Supports for a wide range of modern hardware.
- Support for running as a guest OS in a virtual machines such as VirtualBox, VMware and VirtualPC.
- JFS, HPFS, FAT32, and FAT16 native filesystem support.
- Samba 4 connectivity, with Kerberos authentication enabling you to connect to Windows/Linux network shared drives and printers.
- Many enhancements to the user interface, such as:
- Totally fresh look (new icons, fonts, backgrounds).
- New File Open Container with cross-application history, preview, and customizable look.
- Scalable desktop icons, up to 128?128, based on popular Linux desktop themes.
- Time synchronization with servers around the globe.
- Automated critical file checkup at each system start.
- Bundled apps and utilities to make you productive right from the first boot.
- 6 months of technical support and updates included.
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email when your personalized image of ArcaOS is ready. To learn how to access your download after purchase and how to burn the ISO image to DVD, visit this wiki page.
System Requirements for ArcaOS:
- Intel Pentium Pro / AMD K6 or higher CPU; 64 bit CPU's are supported.
- 512MB RAM (2GB recommended).
- Traditional BIOS (or fully-capable CSM for UEFI-based systems).
- 2 GB free disk space.
- USB 2.0-capable USB or PS/2 port for keyboard and/or mouse.
- DVD drive (internal or USB-attached) required for installation; DVD burner required to create installation media.
For your convenience, you may download the ArcaOS 5.0 End User License Agreement here.